Martin Luther King Memorial, Washington DC. Taken during a late night walk in the city last night.
After living here for 5+ years. I still have to repeat myself daily. My top 2 repeat offenders:
‘Butter’. Which i repeat a few times before giving in and just going with ‘Buddah’
Same thing For ‘Water’. Americans out to ‘Waddah’
God help me when I have to use the automated phone lines that use voice recognition technology. I used to try it with my accent. But now I just go full steam ahead with my valley girl accent and get through instantly.
Gone are the days of “my you have such a lovely accent” now it’s “like todally like whatevs.”
Rule Britannia. Or not.
1) Never sleep on an argument
2) Always say goodbye before leaving
3) Tell your loved ones you love them
4) Take time to stop & take stock of where you are & what you have achieved.
5) Never take people for granted
6) Appreciate all you have
7) Don’t be afraid to show your flaws
8) Always be true to yourself
9) Aim high and believe in yourself
10) Never regret. Never forget.